Aaron John Nielsen
With over 20 years experience as an art director, graphic designer, creative group head and creative director, Aaron has worked in creative, and content agencies both locally and internationally with some of the world’s most renowned creative agencies including BBDO Moscow and Germany’s acclaimed Jung von Matt.
He has also been the creative director for Audi International and CD / Team Leader with fischerAppelt, voted 2020 W&V German Agency of the Year.
During that time, Aaron has been responsible for creating global campaign work for brands such as Mercedes-Benz, Bosch, KIA, Procter & Gamble, Hyundai, Pepsi-Co, KFC, Vodafone and Smart.
Aaron is a doer and a maker and has won local, national and international awards. Examples of his work have also been published in numerous books and advertising magazines such as Luerzer's Archive as one of 200 of the Best Digital Artists Worldwide.
• University qualifications in Graphic Design from the Queensland College of Art, Griffith University.
• International experience and a list of international awards – more than 30 industry accolades.
• Experienced in the development and implementation of concepts across all channels including digital.
• Many years of experience in art directing both stills and TVC campaigns.
• Methodical and structured way of thinking and working.
• High degree of personal responsibility.
• Good communication skills, confident and positive attitude and a team spirit.
• Passion, resilience, commitment, flexibility and a great sense of humour.
fischerAppelt, Creative Director Art
Clients: Mercedes-Benz, Daimler AG, Bosch, MyVAN (Platform Mercedes-Benz Vans), Smart, Deutsche Bahn.
thjnk Hamburg, Creative Director Art
Clients: Audi International and Audi Mission to the Moon.
Jung von Matt, Senior Art Director
Clients: Mercedes-Benz, Beko, Vileda, Vodafone, Grundig and KIA.
BBDO, Creative Group Head Art
Clients: PepsiCo, Lay’s, Bayer, Braun, Procter & Gamble, Gillette, KFC, Beeline and Tuborg.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
2002 AWARD School.
1997/1999 Bachelor of Design. Queensland College of Art, Griffith University.
1995/1997 Diploma of Graphic Design/Creative. Queensland School of Printing and Graphic Arts.
Industry and Publications:
2016 Lürzer’s Int’l Archive. Client: Grundig.
2017 Lürzer’s Int’l Archive 200 Best Digital Artists Worldwide. Client: Vodafone.
2021 BADC Awards Judge.