Aaron John Nielsen
Aaron’s career in creativity began over 20 years ago. Told he wasn’t good enough to study fine art and then told he should consider animation, he instead chose to become a graphic designer and graduated from AWARD School.
A native of Brisbane, he never lost the urge to travel and work overseas, so after a Christmas holiday in Moscow that left him with a love of shashlik and vodka, he joined Russia’s largest ad agency, BBDO. Within 3 years, he became a creative group head developing award-winning work for their large international brands.
Many hangovers later, his passion shifted towards Weißwurst and Hefeweizen and a move to Germany to join Jung von Matt seemed like the logical choice.
Not wanting the journey to end there, he aimed to drive an Audi Quattro on the moon but, not while under the influence of alcohol.
In the beginning of 2018, he joined thjnk Hamburg as Creative Director Art on Audi International, where he helped the award-winning team to produce innovative and creatively inspiring work across all media for one of the world’s most creative brands.
Now having safely returned to Earth, he has landed with fischerAppelt Play as a Creative Director Art developing creative content pieces for Mercedes-Benz, CASE, MyVan and Deutsche Bahn.
• Over 19 years experience in an advertising agency.
• University qualifications in graphic design from the Queensland College of Art, Griffith University.
• International experience and a list of international awards – more than 30 industry accolades.
• Experienced in the development and implementation of concepts across all channels including digital.
• Many years of experience in art directing both stills and TVC campaigns.
• Methodical and structured way of thinking and working.
• High degree of personal responsibility.
• Good communication skills, confident and positive attitude and a team spirit.
• Passion, resilience, commitment, flexibility and a great sense of humour.
fischerAppelt Play. Creative Director Art.
Clients: Mercedes-Benz, Daimler AG, Bosch, MyVAN (Platform Mercedes-Benz Vans), Smart, Deutsche Bahn.
thjnk Hamburg. Creative Director Art.
Clients: Audi International and Audi Mission to the Moon.
Jung von Matt. Senior Art Director.
Clients: Mercedes-Benz, Beko, Vileda, Vodafone, Grundig and KIA.
BBDO. Creative Group Head Art.
Clients: PepsiCo, Lay’s, Bayer, Braun, Procter & Gamble, Gillette, KFC, Beeline and Tuborg.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
AWARD School 2002.
Bachelor of Design Studies. QCA Griffith University 1997 – 1999.
Diploma. Queensland School of Printing and Graphic Art 1995 – 1997.
Member Golden Key International Honour Society.